Sunday, July 6, 2008

Weekend Fun!

Friday was the 4th of July...national holiday - not really a celebrated one to me though. Brion and I went out for dinner at Pizza Hut and hung out for a while until we decided to go watch the fireworks on the river. We looked it up online and thought it started at 10. We got there at 9:45 and left at 10:50 without seeing any fireworks! When we left we went to Dairy Queen for drinks/blizzards and at 11 we finally got to see the fireworks from the drive through at Dairy Queen, lol.

Saturday we started our travels to Holiday World!!!!! We had a great ride playing slug bug and bruiser cruiser! We got there...and no offense Brion, but he's not too much fun at amusement parks. He has to watch each ride a few times before deciding to ride or not. In the end we ended up riding the scrambler, the Raven, and Paul Revere's Midnight Ride. That's it in the park. In Splashing Safari we got to ride Bakuli and Zoombabwe. We also played in the wave pool and lazy river. I dunno. I mean I understand that he doesn't usually do much at amusement parks but I usually do everything so it was kind of a dissapointment to me. I've always gone as a kids and loved it and it was the worst trip there ever! However after a drive home of not talking for an hour and a half, I had some time to cool off (and shower to get all the chlorine off) and we went to dinner at Our Best (btw - not so good). We're going to try again in the fall, when it's not hot, and no water park. I'm going to make sure he eats breakfast and such and we're just going to have a good time. My goal is for him to ride more than 3 things!

Today Lynn came over! It was fun but too short...plus I think Midnight was more excited to see her than anyone, lol! He kinda took centerstage. Oh well! It was nice to hang out for a little bit again!

Then Brion and I went to lunch at BW's and decided to go see Get Smart. It was a really good movie! Way better than I expected! We then embarked on our weekly journey to Walmart and then I came home. But it was a really good day!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Sooo....you tell Brion we are all going to go to Holiday World again in August or Cedar Point!!! I've been dying to go to an amusement park all summer because its been a LONG time since I've been!! I'll ride everything! Theres one ride that I rode at the fair last year that I dont think I can do ever again because I felt like I was going to vomit for the rest of the evening (it turned you upside down and in all these circles at the same time..yuck)... but besides that I'll ride EVERYTHING! Sound good?!