Monday, October 20, 2008

...I'm nervous...

Well, Sunday I went to get my eyes tested for the first time ever (except at the BMV but according to the doctor who checked my eyes...that doesn't count). We can all thank Brion for making me go, lol. Honestly, I really didn't want to go for a few reasons 1. I really didn't want glasses; 2. I hate eye drops; 3. I didn't know what to expect But all in all, it wasn't that bad...besides the 4 puffs of air because I move too much and the 4 eye drops to take away my ability to focus and dialation. Overall outcome...I have 20/20 vision but things are a little blurry and I can't seem to focus easily...I should technically wear some glasses but it was such a small perscription that the doctor let me decide if I even wanted them...so I said no! Yea! I have to go back in 2 years though.

Today I conquered a fear of mine...giving blood. I've never given blood even though I've made about 5 attempts, I just never go through with it. But, with Brion by my side I did it! I've always wanted to do it since my Grandpa had to have 3 emergency blood transfusions. The really nice nurse even let Brion sit on the couch next to my table and hold my hand. Funny thing - the average person donates a pint in about 30 minutes, my sister takes about 1 hour...it only took me...a grand total of 7.5 minutes! Lol, it just flowed right out. Overall, not a bad experience. I would do it again.

2 comments:

brion2979 said...

I am so proud of you sweets!!!!!!!!

Hope said...

lol, you would be